Shear Sharpening Service
Are your shears not cutting like they used to? Bring your shears to Portland Shave Shop to have them sharpened by a Portland Razor Co. bladesmith.
What Can Be Sharpened:
- We can sharpen/hone any shears in decent condition and made by a reputable manufacturer, both beveled edge (German-style) and convex grind (Japanese-style).
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Your shears will be thoroughly inspected for tension, alignment, grind, and wear & tear. If it has any harmful surface rust, we will oil it and buff out the rust before honing; rust which has caused deep pitting cannot be removed and can negatively effect the performance of your shears.
- Edges with uneven wear, dings or chips may require some reshaping and we will do our best to remove the minimum amount of material required to restore the edge.
- Shears will be tensioned for optimal contact between the blades.
- Shears will be sanitized and pivots oiled.
We do our best to research and match the honing practices of the original manufacturer. Please be familiar with your manufacturer's warranty and repairs policy.
Cost & Turn Around:
Inspections to determine whether or not your shears can be serviced are free.
Service fees range from $15-$25 per pair of shears.
When shears are ready for pick-up we will notify you by phone or email. Service will be completed in 1-5 business days, usually next day turn around is possible upon request.